[KI-LC] Draft agenda for LC telecon 2011-07-20

Dervla O'Reilly dervlaoreilly at me.com
Tue Jul 19 16:55:37 EDT 2011


Please find the draft agenda for the LC all on Wednesday, July 20, 2011.

http://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/display/LC/LC+telecon+2011-07-20
C telecon 2011-07-20
Date and Time | Agenda
Date and Time
Date: Wednesday, 20 July 2011
Time: 13:00 PT | 16:00 ET | 20:00 UTC (time chart)
Skype +9900827043671716
US Dial-In +1-201-793-9022 | Room Code: 367-1716
International numbers
Agenda
Roll call
Approve 2011-07-06 minutes
Administrative matters
Welcome new LC Secretary Lara Zimberoff 
Action item review & topic
Anna: Report on the intentions of the P3 (request for re-allocation) groups with respect to funds that have been allocated for their use in 2011
KI-wide matters
Review and approve the submission report v.1.0.0 to be submitted to NSTIC in response to NSTIC ROI by July 22, 2011. Reference here: http://groups.google.com/group/dg-nstic/browse_thread/thread/588803e4bc01d564
2011Q2 closed end of June; quarterly reports are due (2011Q1 May 31 and 2011Q2 July 31)
eCitizen PIDS project update - Pete Palmer
Group-specific matters
AOB
Attendees
Quorum is 6 of 11 as of 13 July 2011.

TBD
Staff:

Dervla O'Reilly
Not in attendance:

TBD
Minutes

Roll call
Quorum was reached.

Approve 2011-07-06 minutes
Motion: X moves, X seconds:

2011-07-20-A	Approve http://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/display/LC/LC+telecon+2011-07-06 minutes.
Passed by XXX consent.

Administrative Matters 
Welcome new LC Secretary Lara Zimberoff. 

KI Wide Matters
Reallocation of funds 

ULX WG still TBD - they don't have an answer yet because other more pressing matters about the group's direction need to be decided first.

Privacy and Public Policy WG would like to re-program funds allocated to it for 2011.

The funds are now programmed for privacy-related workshops. However, the Work Group has a pressing requirement to develop a set of Privacy Assessment Criteria against the FICAM Privacy Profile. A set of privacy assessment criteria is required before identity providers can be certified to provide identity credentials to the US federal government. The selected contractor will work with P3WG and the ARB to create of assessment criteria that can be proposed to FICAM for review and approval.

In order to create a set of Privacy Assessment Criteria, P3WG needs to select a contractor with the following expertise:
· Fair Information Practices, both in principle and in application
· US federal privacy laws and regulations
· Best practices in privacy
· Assessment and evaluation of organizational privacy practices

IAWG & P3WG should coordinate regarding reallocation of funds. If P3 WG manage some of the work, then they will need to find matched funding, some of which may come from IA WG should the work be shared.  ARB should be able to determine the assessment packages that go into the FICAM packages, ARB are supportive of P3 developing criteria.  ARB can share work with P3 WG to coincide.  IA WG are also willing to help write the guidance.

Current budget is $7,500 USD - the original proposal was estimated at $12,000 USD with the hopes that the P3 WG would find the matching funds (differential ($4,500 USD).  The new proposal is to modify the original proposal and that P3 WG could attempt to find matching funds.  The final dollar amount is still TBD based on the assessor criteria guidelines.  The amount could be less or more.  In principal LC supports the reallocation of funds, P3 WG will need to firm up financial details to move this forward and report back to the LC.

Motion: Eve moves, Bob seconds:

2011-07-06-C	to approve reallocation of funds and principle as above stated http://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/display/LC/LC+telecon+2011-07-06 for P3 WG.
Passed by unanimous consent.

2011Q2 comes to a close at the end of June
Reminder - Quarterly reports for 2011Q2 are due by July 31. Dervla has once again reminded groups who are in arrears on 2011Q1 reports (due May 31, 2011).

Trust Framework Steering Committee status
We'll ask Anna Ticktin to jump-start this.  Anna is sending a poll. 

eCitizen PIDS Project Update 
From Pete Palmer - table for next call on 20 July 2011.

Next Meeting
Date: Wednesday, 3 August 2011
Time: 13:00 PT | 16:00 ET | 20:00 UTC (time chart)

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://kantarainitiative.org/pipermail/lc/attachments/20110719/6596e32e/attachment-0001.html 


More information about the LC mailing list