[KI-LC] Draft minutes of LC telecon 2011-08-03 (quorate)

Colin Wallis colin_wallis at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 5 01:29:27 EDT 2011


Many thnaks Lara
 
Just a couple of nits in this section..it was hard to follow on the call 
...
 
Namespace URIs

Discussion per Eve Maler's request: UMA has need to invent several URIs that can be used in various service metadata. The URIs don't (at this point) need to resolve to anything, but UMA would like the option of controlling what they resolve to in the future. The UMA WG does control its own Confluence wiki space, but URIs in that space are really long, and Confluence isn't friendly to storing arbitrary Web content. Oliver is willing to create something like a docs.kantarainitiative.org area. I was thinking ns.kantarainitiative.org might be better. Has anyone else run into this? What base URI do they prefer?
 
It was discussed that one of the caveats to utilizing URIs is that Kantara is not an FDO <<CW: SDO - as in Sandards Development Organization>>  namespace and starts pointing to URIs, Kantara may be at risk of not adhering to its charter.  <<CW: As for docs.kantarainitiative.org, everyone was happy with that>>
 
In summary, the group would like Eve to clarify whether the published URIs would be infinite or temporary and wants to understand the scope of request as it relates to Kantara's mission.
 
Cheers
Clin

 



From: lara.zimberoff at apenimed.com
To: lc at kantarainitiative.org
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 12:41:26 -0700
Subject: [KI-LC] Draft minutes of LC telecon 2011-08-03 (quorate)






http://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/display/LC/LC+telecon+2011-08-03
 

 LC telecon 2011-08-03
Date and Time | Agenda
Date and Time

Date: Wednesday, 03 August 2011
Time: 13:00 PT | 16:00 ET | 20:00 UTC (time chart) 


Skype +9900827043671716
US Dial-In +1-201-793-9022 | Room Code: 367-1716
International numbers
Agenda

Roll call
Approve 2011-07-20 minutes
Administrative matters 


Welcome New Japan WG Chair
LC Quarterly Reports

LC Trust Framework Sub-Committee Status
Namespace URIs
KI-wide matters 


Groups planning to meet at next Kantara F2F - agenda here: http://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/display/GI/Kantara+Initiative+Conferences
Thoughts / discussion re: how to spotlight leadership & participants in future newsletters

Group-specific matters
AOB
Attendees
Quorum is 6 of 11 as of 13 July 2011.

Federation Interoperability: represented by John Bradley
Privacy & Public Policy: represented by Anna Slomovic
Identity Assurance: represented by Rich Furr
Healthcare Identity Assurance: represented by Pete Palmer
eGovernment: represented by Colin Wallis
Japan: represented by Yamada Tatsushi
Staff:

Dervla O'Reilly
Joni Brennan
Secretary:

Lara Zimberoff
Not in attendance:

User Managed Access: represented by Maciej Machulak & Eve Maler
Telecommunications Identity: represented by Jonas Hogberg
TFMM & BCTF DGs: represented by Rainer Hoerbe
ID-WSF Evo: represented by Peter Davis
BoT: represented by Vadim Lander
Minutes
Roll call
Quorum was reached.
Approve 2011-07-20 minutes
Motion: Colin Wallis moves, Pete Palmer seconds:




 

2011-07-20-A 

Approve http://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/display/LC/LC+telecon+2011-07-20 minutes. 

 

 
Passed by unanimous consent.
Administrative Matters 

Welcome new Japan WG Chair
The Group welcomed Yamada Tatsushi, who stated he is pleased to be joining the group and representing the Japan WG.

LC Quarterly Reports - Groups notified and in jeopardy of being shut down unless completed are: EUM DG, FI WG, IA WG, IAS WG, ID-WSF-Evo WG, TI WG, ULX WG.
Per Dervla, a few groups have neglected to complete reports. Dervla reminded the LC that the Kantara rules state that if quarterly reports are not completed two quarters in a row, the group is at risk of being shut down. Groups are being given until close of business August 12 PST to complete reports otherwise discussions will be initiated to shut down groups whose quarterly reports are not completed on the next LC call, August 17.
LC Trust Framework Sub-Committee Status
Per Joni, Anna Ticktin is working in the background to find a time for all the chairs of the Trust Framework Sub-Committee to meet - the effort to coordinate schedules has been a challenge due to vacations. Anna is working on getting a time set at either the end of August or beginning of September. The goal of the Sub-Committee is to discuss trust framework efforts within various groups and determine what is necessary in the short-term for coordination, with long-term goal being to potentially make recommendation as to a better way to coordinate the work.
Namespace URIs

Discussion per Eve Maler's request: UMA has need to invent several URIs that can be used in various service metadata. The URIs don't (at this point) need to resolve to anything, but UMA would like the option of controlling what they resolve to in the future. The UMA WG does control its own Confluence wiki space, but URIs in that space are really long, and Confluence isn't friendly to storing arbitrary Web content. Oliver is willing to create something like a docs.kantarainitiative.org area. I was thinking ns.kantarainitiative.org might be better. Has anyone else run into this? What base URI do they prefer?
It was discussed that one of the caveats to utilizing URIs is that Kantara is not an FDO and should not be publishing specs. Once it establishes a namespace and starts pointing to URIs, Kantara may be at risk of not adhering to its charter.
In summary, the group would like Eve to clarify whether the published URIs would be infinite or temporary and wants to understand the scope of request as it relates to Kantara's mission.

2011-08-03-01: The group requested that Lara contact Eve regarding the URIs discussion.
KI Wide Matters

Groups planning to meet at next Kantara F2F - agenda here: http://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/display/GI/Kantara+Initiative+Conferences + registration here: http://kantararedwoodcitymtg.eventbrite.com/
The agenda for the two-day event in Redwood City, California has been proposed. Groups who want to slot time on the agenda should notify Dervla. It was determined that the LC would take an hour in the AM on October 20, the first day of the event. Dervla stated that the deadline for information submission from participating groups and subsequent finalization of the agenda is August 26.
Anna Slomovic stated that as of now, the Privacy WG does not plan to meet at the event. Pete Palmer (Healthcare Identity Assurance WG) and John Bradley (Federation Interoperability WG) stated their groups' participation is TBD. Joni recommended each group adds F2F participation planning to their next call agendas.

Thoughts / discussion re: how to spotlight leadership & participants in future newsletters: a) a simple recommendation from Group leadership/peers, b) said participant direct sends KI staff a note requesting specific highlight for themself
Recommendations for leadership and participants to feature in the newsletter should be submitted to Kantara staff at the staff[at] list serve.
Group-Specific Matters
Attribute Discussion Group Charter summary per Joni:
A charter for an Attribute Discussion Group has been drafted. We may not know enough to constitute a full WG. The DG will have a very focused scope to identify requirements that Kantara stakeholders have around attribute management. The group will focus on:
- Discovery: What work is happening outside of Kantara regarding attribute management, ie other groups and what is in development, as well as identifying what work is happening within Kantara
- Gap analysis
- Recommendations for attribute assurance
The draft charter encompasses feedback from IA WG, and will be distributed to all groups within Trust Framework Sub-Committee. Will need at least 3 participants to sign-on.
AOB
Joni brought to the group's attention that a NIST rep has sent correspondence regarding Kantara's involvement in Cloud computing. Her response has been crafted around federation not stopping at the Cloud, and security and federation being applied to the Cloud, even though Kantara does not currently have Cloud-specific groups. She requested input from the group regarding how to respond and if the message she has crafted is appropriate. In summary, the group's input was that the Cloud is a deployment and is primarily an option that individual parties may have.
Meeting adjourned.
Next Meeting

Date: Wednesday, 17 August 2011
Time: 13:00 PT | 16:00 ET | 20:00 UTC (time chart)
 


 
_______________________________________________ LC mailing list LC at kantarainitiative.org http://kantarainitiative.org/mailman/listinfo/lc 		 	   		  
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://kantarainitiative.org/pipermail/lc/attachments/20110805/b8298795/attachment.html 


More information about the LC mailing list