[KI-LC] FW: UN CEFACT TBG19 (eGov): Project Proposal Legal Notice Publication

j stollman stollman.j at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 10:40:05 EDT 2010

Colin,

There are a couple of efforts ongoing in P3 regarding privacy notice.  In
contrast to the UN/CEFACT work, however, the "notice" concerns of P3 do not
appear germane with the efforts of UN/CEFACT.

The considerations of P3 are along the lines of informing individuals of
potential risks to their privacy to consider and/or privacy rights available
to them resulting from the election to use a service (e.g, a web
application, a photocopier, or cell phone) or to place themselves in a
particular (situation (e.g., within the view of a surveillance camera or in
a car with a tracking device, such as many of the new accident response
systems).  In these cases the notice is targeted narrowly only to affected
people.  This is in contrast the focus of UN/CEFACT which appears to seek
widespread publication of notices to the general public.

Still, it is conceivable that this two different approaches to "notice" will
overlap in certain situations that will become obvious as we and they move
further in our processes of developing our recommendations.

Thank you for the heads up.

Jeff

On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 7:52 PM, Colin Wallis <Colin.Wallis at dia.govt.nz>wrote:

> Greetings all
>
> Which Kantara WG is working on standardising Notice? Is that ULX?
> I seem to recall P3WG looking at a standardised Privacy Notice as well.
>
> This proposed Project out of UNCEFACT would be of interest in terms of
> mutual awareness/harmonisation, albeit UNCEFACT's focus on trade
> facilitation.
>
> Cheers
> Colin
> PS: I mostly 'lurk' on TGB19 and occasionally participate.

Jeff Stollman
stollman.j at gmail.com
1 202.683.8699