[KI-LC] Potential synergies with W3C work

Colin Wallis Colin.Wallis at dia.govt.nz
Thu Sep 2 01:01:05 EDT 2010

Thanks Eve

W3C has an eGov group too, that NZ Gov vaguely keeps track of via it's membership in OASIS, where there is an existing top level liaison between the two SDOs.

The OASIS eGov group has not had a great experience in trying to liaise with W3C's. But that may be just the personalities in that particular case than any underlying resistance, I don't know.

I could foresee DAP being useful to Telco as well.

I think a full blown formal liaison is premature, but favour informal liaisons in each WG, with perhaps an additional targeted show and tell session say every 6 months on the LC agenda, (and maybe tweak the reporting template again to enforce reporting on Informal Liaisons?).