[KI-LC] Potential synergies with W3C work

Eve Maler eve at xmlgrrl.com
Wed Sep 1 21:18:49 EDT 2010

Recently I noticed that the Device APIs and Policy (DAP) WG work at the W3C may have some synergies with the UMA work.  Trent suggested that the best model for engaging with them is to encourage people (whose affiliations allow them to do so) to participate in both forums according to their interest.  We haven't taken that very far yet, but I did reach out to the DAP chairs and we've started to familiarize ourselves with the others' deliverables.

Since other folks doing work at Kantara may be seeing similar synergies with W3C, should we use the LC to conduct a kind of lightweight liaison function, just to keep aware of who's interested in what where?  Does anyone have any other suggestions for how to take advantage of such opportunities?

Thanks,

	Eve

Eve Maler
http://www.xmlgrrl.com/blog