[KI-LC] "Reports" produced by WGs and DGs

Colin Wallis colin_wallis at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 31 17:08:35 EDT 2010

+1
I support this positioning.

Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 13:54:38 -0700
From: joe at andrieu.net
To: jbradley at mac.com
CC: lc at kantarainitiative.org
Subject: Re: [KI-LC] "Reports" produced by WGs and DGs

John,

That's actually quite reasonable. Sending a report to the LC so that
other leadership can be apprised of the work is a fine idea.

Requiring that the LC review the work and approve it in some manner
suggests that work might well fail to get approval and would, in fact,
be blocked by the LC. From what I can gather, that's the assumption
underlying many of the comments on the topic. And it is that delay,
cost, and uncertainty that doesn't make sense to me.

Your suggestion is actually in keeping with the current OP, so we'd
just need to clarify to the community that the purpose of LC review is
not for "approval" but for notice, and that neither a vote nor quorum
is necessary for the Work Group to go ahead and publish the report.  In
fact, that'd be the easiest solution procedurally since it wouldn't
entail any changes to the OP at all.

Let's definitely discuss at IIW.

-j

Joe Andrieu