[KI-LC] Please complete overdue quarterly reports (template included!)

Eve Maler eve at xmlgrrl.com
Mon Nov 29 19:13:52 EST 2010

Hi Jeff-- Reasonable questions, of course.

Here is my thinking: The most valuable things to capture about "overdue" periods is whether the group met and achieved quorum, and whether it produced any deliverables during that time.  If specific numbers are hard to construct, it's not worth lots of effort doing that. If instead you want to treat the currently due (2010-Q3) report as a rollup of sorts, reviewing meeting and deliverable stats for past quarters that otherwise would go unremarked on, that's fine from my perspective -- but our chair and vice-chair may have a different take and I don't want to speak for them.

A comment from personal experience... Last quarter, I sat down and constructed a series of quarterly reports that had gotten overdue.  Once I was in the mode of looking at past meeting minutes, it was an easy thing to construct at least minimally meaningful reports for each past-due quarter. Indeed, since meeting minutes should record all of a group's substantive work of any importance, reviewing them could be all that's strictly needed for overdue quarters.

And finally a random observation: The numeric totals around participation and email subscriptions are the kind of thing that should be amenable to automation. I believe it's possible to add a "total" row using the {table-plus} macro that we've begun to use for keeping rosters, so perhaps this could be a matter of figuring out and propagating the right coding, then being able to go back in the roster page content-management history to see past totals at least for voting/non-voting participation.  I'll try and play around with this by the end of the year (unless the staffers beat me to it!)...

	Eve