[KI-LC] Please complete overdue quarterly reports (template included!)

j stollman stollman.j at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 14:27:07 EST 2010

Eve,

I don't mean to burden you with responsibility for answering this note,
since you are merely the dutiful messenger, but have a two questions
regarding past-due reports.

First, having already failed to submit reports for past quarters, I am
unsure how to generate membership for them.  I can go to the wiki and find
current membership (voting and non-voting, etc.).  But I am unclear how to
reconstruct figures to cover past quarters.  In fact, I suspect that this
particular reporting task might be something that could automated by the KI
staff, since they are the ones who process the Group Participation
Agreements and update voting status.

I am also unclear how past quarterly reports prove to be of any value.  I
recognize that a criterion for continuing acknowledgment and support by KI
is to submit reports demonstrating our vitality.  But, as long as our most
recent report has been submitted to demonstrate that we are "alive and
kicking," I am unsure how the submission of past reports benefits anyone.
In fact, a group may have been dormant for several months, but if it is now
vital, I see no reason to devalue its current activity level because of past
dormancy.  This view may be the result of my own myopia, but I would be
pleased to have someone else provide me with the spectacles of a solid
rationale.

Thank you.

Jeff

Jeff Stollman