[KI-LC] Potential synergies with W3C work

Eve Maler eve at xmlgrrl.com
Tue Nov 23 16:22:20 EST 2010


...and this is timely, because Dervla and I had worked up a plan to get folks to submit their quarterly reports that are "in arrears" ASAP. :-) You can find submitted ones here:

http://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/display/LC/Quarterly+Reports

There are plenty of samples to work from (I'm quite fond of the "view wiki markup" item in the Tools menu :-) ), and of course there's the blank template too. We'll be coming around to ask specific WG/DG chairs to complete this action item, but a quick look at the linked page will tell you if you're behind.

	Eve

On 23 Nov 2010, at 12:21 PM, Joni Brennan wrote:

> +1 agree there too. I believe Dervla could work with Eve to help set the frame up and the LC and WG/DG chairs could run it from there.  
> 
> cheers,
> =Joni
> 
> Joni Brennan
> IEEE-ISTO
> Kantara Initiative | Managing Director
> voice:+1 732-226-4223
> email: joni @ ieee-isto.org
> gtalk: jonibrennan
> skype: upon request
> 
> Join the conversation on the community@ list - 
> http://kantarainitiative.org/mailman/listinfo/community
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 11:46 AM, Colin Wallis <Colin.Wallis at dia.govt.nz> wrote:
> +1
> 
> ..and it follows that it would be a template bullet for the quarterly reports from the WGs to the LC?
> 
>  
> From: jonibrennan at gmail.com [mailto:jonibrennan at gmail.com] On Behalf Of Joni Brennan
> Sent: Wednesday, 24 November 2010 7:45 a.m.
> To: Eve Maler
> Cc: Colin Wallis; LC at kantarainitiative.org Council Kantara
> Subject: Re: [KI-LC] Potential synergies with W3C work
> 
>  
> I am going through some threads I missed and came to this one.  Apologies for arriving late to this party.
> 
>  
> Eve I think the 'wider world' report on LC calls makes great sense and provides us with a built in point to capture liaison activities across groups.  I would love to see this as an on-going LC topic where we could also take 'inventory' of the status of our current liaison activities. 
> 
>  
> Thanks for raising this item. 
> =Joni
> 
> Joni Brennan
> IEEE-ISTO
> Kantara Initiative | Managing Director
> voice:+1 732-226-4223
> email: joni @ ieee-isto.org
> gtalk: jonibrennan
> skype: upon request
> 
> Join the conversation on the community@ list - 
> http://kantarainitiative.org/mailman/listinfo/community
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 1:30 PM, Eve Maler <eve at xmlgrrl.com> wrote:
> 
> Thanks for these thoughts and data points, Colin!  I like your idea of informal liaisons.  I could see adding a template bullet for capturing status related to the "wider world" of a KI group, though that sort of thing could also go in the "other" category of the report.  (The UMA WG actually now has a standing agenda item in our telecons for "wider world" news, since we seem to be engaging with a lot of external folks.)
> 
>        Eve
> 
> 
> On 1 Sep 2010, at 10:01 PM, Colin Wallis wrote:
> 
> > Thanks Eve
> >
> > W3C has an eGov group too, that NZ Gov vaguely keeps track of via it's membership in OASIS, where there is an existing top level liaison between the two SDOs.
> >
> > The OASIS eGov group has not had a great experience in trying to liaise with W3C's. But that may be just the personalities in that particular case than any underlying resistance, I don't know.
> >
> > I could foresee DAP being useful to Telco as well.
> >
> > I think a full blown formal liaison is premature, but favour informal liaisons in each WG, with perhaps an additional targeted show and tell session say every 6 months on the LC agenda, (and maybe tweak the reporting template again to enforce reporting on Informal Liaisons?).
> >
> > Cheers
> > Colin
> >
> >
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: lc-bounces at kantarainitiative.org [mailto:lc-bounces at kantarainitiative.org] On Behalf Of Eve Maler
> > Sent: Thursday, 2 September 2010 1:19 p.m.
> > To: LC at kantarainitiative.org Council Kantara
> > Subject: [KI-LC] Potential synergies with W3C work
> >
> > Recently I noticed that the Device APIs and Policy (DAP) WG work at the W3C may have some synergies with the UMA work.  Trent suggested that the best model for engaging with them is to encourage people (whose affiliations allow them to do so) to participate in both forums according to their interest.  We haven't taken that very far yet, but I did reach out to the DAP chairs and we've started to familiarize ourselves with the others' deliverables.
> >
> > Since other folks doing work at Kantara may be seeing similar synergies with W3C, should we use the LC to conduct a kind of lightweight liaison function, just to keep aware of who's interested in what where?  Does anyone have any other suggestions for how to take advantage of such opportunities?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> >       Eve
> >
> > Eve Maler
> > http://www.xmlgrrl.com/blog
> > http://www.twitter.com/xmlgrrl
> > http://www.linkedin.com/in/evemaler
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > LC mailing list
> > LC at kantarainitiative.org
> > http://kantarainitiative.org/mailman/listinfo/lc
> > ====
> > CAUTION:  This email message and any attachments contain information that may be confidential and may be LEGALLY PRIVILEGED. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure or copying of this message or attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email message in error please notify us immediately and erase all copies of the message and attachments. Thank you.
> > ====
> >
> 
> 
> Eve Maler
> http://www.xmlgrrl.com/blog
> http://www.twitter.com/xmlgrrl
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/evemaler
> 
> _______________________________________________
> LC mailing list
> LC at kantarainitiative.org
> http://kantarainitiative.org/mailman/listinfo/lc
> 
>  
> ====
> CAUTION:  This email message and any attachments contain information that may be confidential and may be LEGALLY PRIVILEGED. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure or copying of this message or attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email message in error please notify us immediately and erase all copies of the message and attachments. Thank you.
> ====
> 


Eve Maler                                  http://www.xmlgrrl.com/blog
+1 425 345 6756                         http://www.twitter.com/xmlgrrl

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://kantarainitiative.org/pipermail/lc/attachments/20101123/78a03b28/attachment-0001.html 


More information about the LC mailing list