[KI-LC] Reminder: Call tomorrow, Weds.

Toshihiro Suzuki toshihiro.suzuki at oracle.com
Wed Nov 10 10:06:24 EST 2010

Dear Trent, and all,

I am so sorry I cannot join the teleconference call because I am now attending

ISO/IEC JTC1 Plenary meeting in Belfast as Japanese delegation.

I would like to try to make the answer below regarding the questions for LC’s

discussion.

----------------------

<2011 Budget Request: Japan WG - A>

Request For: Translate Kantara IAF into Japanese

Requested Amount: $29,000.00

* Question: Is there a way to verify that the estimated cost for translation?

The estimation was the result of that Japan WG asked the translation company

who has several experience to translate "Standard" documents into Japanese.

* Question: Is there a way to explore how many Japanese organizations might be

interested in the IAF once it's translated?

Japan WG discussed that translated IAF specification is very important.

I believe Kantara can count the number of download, or we may be

able to ask the user to input name (email address) before the download.

----------------------

<2011 Budget Request: Japan WG - B>

Request For: Translate General Press Releases (10 translations)

Requested Amount: $2,000.00

* This is to translate generic press releases (i.e. not specifically KI releases)

for the Japanese audiences.

Yes, it is. It depends on timing sensitively.

* The expectation is to be able to translate 10 press releases through the year,

each 2-page translation costing roughly $200.

The press release is Kantara's official document, so we can not translate

it easily. To do that, we need to ask good translation company who has several

experience to translate "Press Release" documents into Japanese. Please note

that the reader is mainly media and analyst people in Japan.

----------------------

<2011 Budget Request: Japan WG - C>

Request For: Event Support: Database Management (3 events)

Requested Amount: $13,000.00

* Why does this appear to be such a large expense? Are there creative ways to

leverage less expensive options?

I am sorry, I don't understand the meaning of the question.

This estimate is the result of that Japan WG asked 2 Japanese venders for

providing the brief estimate. Also, please note that this database contains

the information of attendees since Liberty Alliance era. That is the heart of

Japan WG's marketing activities.

----------------------

<2011 Budget Request: Japan WG - D>

Request For: Event Support: Management and Reception (3 events)

Requested Amount: $8,000.00

* This is coupled with the request by Japan WG for $13,000 in support of

the event management database.

* Assumed that this request is for specific event support such as location,

breaks, etc.

Yes, this is running expense to hold specific events support such as location,

breaks, etc. Also please note that the estimate does not include the fee for

volunteering by Japan WG members.

--toshi

Toshihiro Suzuki | Standards Strategy and Architecture Senior Director
ORACLE Corporation Japan & Oracle Corporate Architecture Group