[KI-LC] Kantara Support For A National Identity Verification Standard??

Colin Wallis Colin.Wallis at dia.govt.nz
Mon Jun 21 18:23:17 EDT 2010

Thanks Bob

A couple of thoughts to start us off with..

1) Is there really no standard in the US for this?  For the NZ government's Evidence of Identity standard, we relied heavily on the US Gov's OMB M 04 04. I guess one could say that's not a standard but...

2) I can see how there is a gap, in the sense that the identity proofing process in the IAF and indeed in the proposed ISO 29115 are kind of deployment profiles of this standard, if it were manifested...

3) Given KI is a global organisation, are we comfortable that we are not creating a precedent that will be impossible to continue with, (the flip side being that there is a large US influence in the IAF and 29115 so it is a worthy exception)

4) Without trying to pre-empt or pre judge any decision, is it your sense that KI might want to participate as a non-profit at $1,000 per annum?