[KI-LC] UMA WG Q4 2009 Status Report
eve at xmlgrrl.com
Wed Jan 6 12:52:16 EST 2010
Kantara Initiative Work Group & Discussion Group Quarterly Report
Reporting on: 2009 - Q4
Date Submitted: January 6, 2009
Group Name: User-Managed Access (UMA) WG
Chair Name: Eve Maler
List other Officer positions and Names:
- Paul Bryan, Vice Chair
- Paul Bryan, Specification Editor
- Hasan Akram, Use Cases Editor
List other Officer positions currently vacant:
What are the active number of (numbers below reflect numbers as of 31 Dec 2009):
* Total Participants: 58 (20 more since Q3)
* Voting Participants: 21 (3 fewer since Q3)
* Non-Voting Participants: 37 (17 more since Q3)
* Total Email List Subscribers: 91 as of 6 Jan 2009 (23 more since mid-Nov 2009)
Published Teleconference Frequency: weekly
Estimated Number of Teleconferences this Quarter (Q3): 9 (6 quorate)
Number of Official Meetings this Quarter: 10 (9 telecons, 1 quorate F2F)
Number of Unofficial (aka BOF) Meetings this Quarter: none
Number of Draft Specifications Produced this Quarter: 1 (revision of UMA Core Protocol V1.0)
- The WG has a goal of producing significant (if incomplete) results, along with running a status-update webinar, by the end of January, in order to maintain momentum.
- Overall participation continues to grow and diversify, as does the list of proposed use cases.
- We have begun to track implementation interest and resources and hope to be in a position of comparing/testing multiple independent implementations within a few months.
- In addition to revising the Core Protocol spec, the group revised the Scenarios and Use Cases document and created a new Requirements document, along with creating new explanatory materials. In Q4 an informal proposal was also made for a claim format and request-response protocol spec, which would be referenced by the core spec.
eve at xmlgrrl.com
More information about the LC