[KI-LC] IAWG Q4 2009 Status Report

Frank Villavicencio frank at identropy.com
Mon Jan 4 12:13:24 EST 2010

Kantara Initiative Work Group & Discussion Group Quarterly Report

Reporting on: 2009 - Q4
Date Submitted: January 4, 2009

Group Name: Identity Assurance Work Group (IAWG)

Chair Name: Frank Villavicencio, Identropy

List other Officer positions and Names: Rich Furr, Safe BioPharma, Vice
Chair

List other Officer positions currently vacant:
-       None

What are the active number of (NOTE: numbers below reflect numbers as of
Dec. 30, 2009):
 * Total Participants: 53 (3 more since Q3)
 * Voting Participants:19 (3 more since Q3)
 * Non-Voting Participants: 34

 * Total Email List Subscribers: 72 (4 more since Q3)

Published Teleconference Frequency: Every other week, with additional ad hoc
meetings as necessary
Estimated Number of Teleconferences this Quarter (Q3): 6
Number of Official Meetings this Quarter: 5

Number of Unofficial (aka BOF) Meetings this Quarter: 1 (this was not BoF,
but rather a focused work call on SAC)

Number of Draft Specifications Produced this Quarter: 4 (notification sent
to "All" on Dec. 8):

1.  the Identity Assurance Framework: Overview
http://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/download/attachments/655421/Kantara+
IAF-1000-Overview.pdf

2.  the Identity Assurance Framework: Glossary
http://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/download/attachments/655421/Kantara+
IAF-1100-Glossary.pdf

3.  the Identity Assurance: Assurance Levels
http://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/download/attachments/655421/Kantara+
IAF-1200-Levels+of+Assurance.pdf

4. the Identity Assurance Framework: Service Assessment Criteria v.8
http://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/download/attachments/38371432/Kantar
a+IAF-1400-Service+Assessment+Criteria.pdf

Number of Reports Produced this Quarter: 1 (approved by WG Nov. 25, 2009 and
submitted to LC Secretary)

Identity Assurance Framework: US Federal Privacy Profile

<http://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/download/attachments/38371386/IAF-U
S+Federal+Privacy+Profile+v.1DRAFT.pdf>
http://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/download/attachments/38371386/IAF-US
+Federal+Privacy+Profile+v.1DRAFT.pdf

Other Comments:
The IAWG completed a large amount of work affiliated with the accreditation
and certification program and anticipates close review/use/modifications of
this material as KI enters into its pilot program with IAF certification.
Additionally, several more documents are pending release and we anticipate
several more reaching draft stage in Q1 2010.  Participation remains strong
across geographies and verticals, with excellent collaboration.  The
numerous draft documents currently in process in our "working drafts"
section continue to drive the bulk of our meeting discussions, with a major
new work item focused on Federation Operators Guidelines.