[KI-LC] Budget request for 2009 from Japan WG

Kenji Takahashi takahashi.kenji at lab.ntt.co.jp
Tue Sep 29 05:34:52 PDT 2009

Dear LC and BPC members,

As we mentioned before, Japan WG is planning to hold a public Kantara
seminar in Tokyo on Friday November 6th 2009, featuring Lucy Lynch's
keynote speech.
We believe this type of workshops are very effective in order to
increase the awareness of and generate more interests in the
participation in the KI activities in Japan. Our target is about 130
attendees.

Most of necessary resources including the venue, presentations and
promotions will be covered by volunteers and in-kind donation from Japan
WG participants. However, we are having difficulties in securing the
fees for interpreters, which needs professional skills and can not be
covered by volunteers. And the interpreter is necessary to better
communicate with audiences in Japan. Japan WG would like to request
$2,000 for the interpreter fees - this is for 2009. We look forward to
your positive responses at your earliest convenience.

For your information, current draft agenda is shown below.
---
Title: Kantara Initiative Symposium 2009
Date: 2009/11/6 AM
Location: Tokyo
Agenda
1. Keynote on Kantara Initiatvie (Luch Lynch, KI Trustee/ISOC)
2. Educational session: What's IdM (KI Japan WG)
3. Educational session: KI WG introductions (KI Japan WG)
3. Special lecture on Japanese EHR initiative(Prof. Yamamoto, Tokyo Univ)
4. Case Study (Oracle, NTT, etc.)
---

Regards,

Kenji