[KI-LC] WG reclassifications of participants as non-voting

Eve Maler eve at xmlgrrl.com
Sun Sep 13 09:16:38 PDT 2009

These are all great observations, and this is exactly why I was
wondering if we should "reify" the non-voting status somehow, or at
least be clearer in the rules about the consequences.  (If important
votes are scheduled for a particular future telecon, this can be
broadcast to all participants so that non-voting participants can
choose to show up, get their status changed immediately, and register
their votes; obviously if important votes are going to be done
electronically instead, they can be started *after* one more telecon
goes by, again allowing non-voters to get back in the game.) Your
point about the lack of clarity in the "occur" language is one we
should discuss this coming week as an OP issue.  So far, FWIW, I can
report that the non-voting thing is going great in the UMA group.

	Eve

Eve Maler
eve at xmlgrrl.com
http://www.xmlgrrl.com/blog