[KI-LC] Draft List of SDOs for Submission

Brett McDowell email at brettmcdowell.com
Wed Sep 9 11:48:15 PDT 2009

That's a great list!  I have a few comments and questions for LC member
consideration.
- I don't think we need to/want to put specific qualifications on any of
these SSO's.  For example, I think we can just say "OASIS" without listing
the TC's we anticipate being relevant to any of our submissions.

- Some of the groups on the list are not SSO's that would actually receive
and take stewardship over our Technical Specifications.  They are
organizations that play an important role in "picking" standards, but not
"setting" standards per se.  I'm specifically thinking about NHIN, HITSP,
WS-I, and IDABC.

- Then there are other organizations I simply don't know enough about but
suspect they too would not be in the business of receive Technical
Specifications from Kantara Initiative, like: NIST, UN/CEFACT, GSMA or APEC.

I'm not sharing this as if I know for sure because I don't.  I assume the
folks who recommended those bodies are far more knowledgeable and will be
able to clarify this for us, one way or the other.

NOTE: We want to support as many valuable liaison relationships as necessary
to progress our work.  I see ALL of the organizations listed as valuable
liaisons for Kantara Initiative.  I just want to make sure we are all clear
that the SSO list is quite specific vs. a list of candidate liaison
organizations.  The SSO list are the organizations we can/will submit
Kantara Initiative Recommendations when those Recommendations are Technical
Specifications.

Does that make sense?

Brett McDowell | http://info.brettmcdowell.com |
http://kantarainitiative.org