[KI-LC] Kantara Initiative Budget Preparation Process - 2010 Budget

Kenji Takahashi takahashi.kenji at lab.ntt.co.jp
Tue Sep 8 23:32:11 PDT 2009

Dear BPC members,

Please find budget request from Japan WG below.

Regards,

Kenji
Kantara Japan WG 2010 budget request (draft as of 8/31)

In order of priority,

A) Local PR retainer
   - FEE: $30K/year
   - SCOPE OF ACTIVITIES:
       - Translate and push out of press releases
       - Media contact
       - General contact in Japan may be added and negociated
Notes: it must be considered as part of whole public relations for
global outreach

B) Document Translation
   -FEE: $20K (10K x 2)
   - SCOPE OF ACTIVITIES:
       - Documents translation into Japanese
Notes: for example, IAF SAC2 (150 pages/33000 words) is estimated to $8K

C) Local event support
   - FEE: $42K (38K + 2K*2)
   - SCOPE OF ACTIVITIES:
       - An big annual event (38K) with two small seminars (each 2K)
       - depend on size and number of times
       - depend on interepreters (simultaneous 10K, sequential 2K)
       - depend on venue (can be minimized if KI F2F meeting is held in
Japan)
Notes: it must be considered as part of whole public events for global
outreach