[KI-LC] assessing WG & DG activity in the context of Kantara Initiative goals

Brett McDowell email at brettmcdowell.com
Fri Sep 4 04:01:41 PDT 2009

In prep for the first physical meeting of Kantara Initiative, I'd like
to ask all the chairs to review the KI goals below and let me know
what your WG or DG is doing or planning to do to support any of these
goals in concrete terms.  I'm not suggesting we should have a ton of
work done already being we just formed, but I do want to know what is
on your horizon/roadmap that will be a concrete proposal to any of
these stated goals.

Thank you,

Goals:
* Accelerate marketplace adoption through clear messages, defined
processes, and open community collaboration that brings vendors,
deployers, individuals, and organizations together

* Bring together technical, business, legal, and policy experience to
achieve holistic & trusted identity management solutions

* Establish an open and democratic governance model with no financial
barrier to participation

* Implement an operational structure with nimble processes,
procedures, and oversight, and a viable financial model

* Commit to open standards and encourage interoperable implementations
from both the COTS product and open source development communities

* Foster positive dialogue across all relevant organizations to assure
coordination, harmonization, and re-use of all applicable open content
(specs, policy, etc.)

* Establish programs with strong branding for technical and
operational output to promote interoperability, compliance and/or
conformance

P.S.
These goals are online here:
http://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/display/GI/Mission