[KI-LC] Telecon Reminder for October 21 at 15:00 UTC

Cahill, Conor P conor.p.cahill at intel.com
Wed Oct 21 10:30:20 EDT 2009

It's pretty simple.. You can't join a vote already inprogress....
I don't see any disparity... If you join the upcoming call late after
a vote has started, you won't be able to vote on that vote either (though
you could vote on a later vote in the same call, I presume).

Another thing we could allow is that the member can request that their
voting status be changed at any time (as in they don't have to attend
an upcoming meeting, just ask the chair to re-instate their voting
priviliges).

In any case, I don't have a big issue either way.  I would presume that
if someone really wanted to vote on a particular measure, even one that
was already in progress, all they would have to do is ask for the issue
to be withdrawn until the right time and I expect we would go along with
that.

This feels like we're starting to get into the nit-picking, pseudo-legal,
super-geeko technical area of finding edge cases so that we make the
operational procedures so hard for people to understand that nobody
pays attention to them (well, perhaps I exaggerate a bit, but you get
my point, I hope).

Conor