[KI-LC] Telecon Reminder for Wednesday, October 14 at 22:00 UTC

J. Trent Adams adams at isoc.org
Tue Oct 13 03:15:02 EDT 2009

All -

As a reminder, we will be holding our weekly Leadership Council
teleconference tomorrow:

    * Date: Wednesday, October 14, 2009
    * Time: 3pm PDT | 6pm EDT | 22:00 UTC [1]
    * Teleconference Options:
          o Skype: +9900827043671716
          o US Dial-In: +1-201-793-9022 | Room Code: 3671716

Unfortunately, I will be flying back from Paris during the call, so Vice
Chair Colin will be reprising his role as Acting Chair again this week. 
Below is a snapshot of the agenda.

NOTE: The agenda looks longer than it really is, primarily due to the
inclusion of the exact wording of the proposed motion to accept the
changes to the Operating Procedures as approved by the BoT.

   1. Roll Call for Quorum Determination
   2. Approval of prior meeting minutes
         a. Review: Leadership Council Teleconference - 2009-10-07 [2]
   3. 2009 Supplemental Budget Requests Update:
         a. BoT Approved: InfoSharing WG: Survey Phase 1
         b. BoT Approved: Japan WG: Interpreter Services for November 6th
         c. Pending LC Vote: IAWG: IAWG Budget Requests [3]
               i. Frank to set up a briefing for the LC on the IAWG
               ii. Colin to set up a briefing for the LC on the ARB
   4. LC to vote on the OP/Bylaws changes approved by the BoT
         a. MOTION: Approval of Amendments to Operating Procedures for
All Member Ballot
                * The following amendments to the Kantara Initiative
Operating Procedures (version 1.0), as previously approved by the Board
of Trustees, are hereby approved by the Leadership Council for
submission to an All Member Ballot:
               i. Add the following text as the third paragraph in
section 2.6:
                      * "For the purpose of maintaining a reasonable
ability to achieve Quorum, any Voting Member of the LC who fails to
attend two consecutive meetings of the LC may, at the discretion of the
Chair, be re-classified as a non-voting member. Voting status may be
reacquired by attending a meeting of the LC. In the case of an
electronic vote of the LC, if the electronic vote is initiated while a
member is in non-voting status, the member may not vote in that
electronic vote."
               ii. Replace the fourth paragraph of section 3.3
(beginning "All WG Chair and...") with the following text:
                      * "All WG Chair and Vice-chair and Editor
elections shall be conducted by secret ballot unless the WG passes a
motion by unanimous consent to hold a non-secret ballot."
               iii. In Section 3 (Work Groups) change "Intellectual
Property policies" to "Intellectual Property Rights Policy".
               iv. In Section 3.7 (Decision Making), second paragraph,
last sentence, change "vote occurs" to "vote is initiated".
               v. Annex B (Discussion Group Request [Template]). Replace
the explanatory text under section "(5) Copyright Policy" with the
                      * "Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0
Unported or another Organization approved Intellectual Property Rights
Policy Option to cover any copyright material that may be produced as a
result of DG Participants’ posts to the wiki or email archives."
         b. Next Step: All member ballot
   5. BoT Update from Colin, Conor, Ken, Mathew
   6. Future event update from Dervla (IDIS10 Rome 28-30 May as another
possibility proposed by Kenji)
   7. AOB

As always, the most up-to-date version of the agenda is available on the


As I'm currently out of pocket, please direct any agenda modifications
to Colin.  I'll be back in operation Thursday, and will pick up any
loose ends on my return.



J. Trent Adams

Outreach Specialist, Trust & Identity
Internet Society

e) adams at isoc.org
o) 703-439-2149

More information about the LC mailing list