[KI-LC] [BoT] Proposed Change to the Intellectual Property Rights Policy

Lucy Lynch lynch at isoc.org
Thu Oct 1 08:26:43 PDT 2009

+1

Lucy Lynch
Director, Trust and Identity Initiatives
Internet Society (ISOC )
I think that Apache 2.0 and Creative Commons are well known names within le
gal teams... so you don't need to change those names.

The problem is mostly around the "Liberty" name.   I do suggest we change t
hat to something along the lines of "Reciprocal RF with fallback to RAND" a
s that makes it much easier for everyone to understand and they should get
why it's there as another option compared to the others as opposed to just
an extension of the Liberty legacy.

Conor