[KI-LC] [BoT] Proposed Change to the Intellectual Property Rights Policy

Brett McDowell email at brettmcdowell.com
Thu Oct 1 08:12:48 PDT 2009

As a thought exercise, let's explore Paul's suggestion.
We might call the "Liberty Option" something like "Reciprocal Royalty Free"

We might call "Creative Commons Option" something like... "Share Alike
w/Attribution" or "Free Derivative Copyright" or ???

We might call "Apache 2.0 Option" something like... "Software Contributors
Licensing Agreement" or "Software CLA"

Is that ultimately more helpful or more confusing?  I see it open the door
for disputing the title or claiming the title misrepresents the legal
obligations of the license.  It could muddy the waters.  That said, what do
you think... ?

Brett McDowell | http://info.brettmcdowell.com |
http://kantarainitiative.org