[KI-LC] 2009Q3 progress report from UMA WG

Eve Maler eve at xmlgrrl.com
Sun Nov 15 16:16:55 EST 2009

Please let me know if you're looking for something different/more/less.

The UMA WG was formed in August 2009 and held its first meeting on 6 Aug, ultimately holding seven telecons in the Q3 period.  We see consistent participation from about a dozen participants, and have been attracting more in a steady stream.

In Q3 the group drafted a Scenarios and Use Case document, with proposed scenarios and use cases contributed by several participants, and began collecting requirements for a document that would be drafted in early Q4.  We also held discussions on design parameters that would guide the drafting of a spec (which has begun in Q4) and on levels of interest in implementing the eventual UMA protocol (several people expressed interest).  The group also collected a variety of collateral on the wiki which explains the UMA proposition and the thinking that led up to it.  Finally, the group submitted a 2010 budget request for assistance in funding the creation of a hosted validator program for the UMA protocol; the request was ultimately granted.

	Eve
	UMA WG chair

Eve Maler
eve at xmlgrrl.com