[KI-LC] LC call 11/11: TI WG wash up
Jonas Hogberg K.O
jonas.k.o.hogberg at ericsson.com
Thu Nov 12 06:31:20 EST 2009
Thanks for your comments on the TIWG charter. Please find my answers
1) Yes, we're talking about humans, devices and machines.
2) We took a pragmatic approach to our liaisons efforts trying to be
practical. Firstly, we wanted to limit the no. of organisations that we
approach. Secondly, our target is organisations that produce
specifications, which ITU-T doesn't do.
3) True, however based on members' interests.
4) Fair comment. FYI, we are on a continuous global recruitment campaign
and our desire is definitely to widen the geographical distribution of
the group. So far, US operators have shown limited interest in the DigId
and Telco space.
From: lc-bounces at kantarainitiative.org
[mailto:lc-bounces at kantarainitiative.org] On Behalf Of Colin Wallis
Sent: jueves, 12 de noviembre de 2009 0:17
To: Kantara LC
Subject: [KI-LC] LC call 11/11: TI WG wash up
Sorry to have not prepared as fully as I should have for this call, and
this was one item I had 'skimmed'.
But a couple of comments from folks on the call motivated me to take
another look at it.
Here are some thoughts from me.
1) I'm not sure which 'identity' is the actual scope here - are we
talking about humans, devices or both?
2) I was intrigued that the ITU-T was not on the liaison list. And yet
they have done significant work on human IdM as some of us can attest
to!:-). And the history of the ITU and certain Kantara members 'playing
together' goes back along way...
3) I was intrigued that the liaisons seemed 'mobile' focussed. Nothing
wrong in that but it might have implications on the scope.
4) The leadership appears heavily balanced in favour of Europe. Nothing
wrong in that but it might have implications on the scope. (That said
the proposers show a more geographically balanced group).
Am I seeing something that isn't there? (We have plenty of practice in
that in government..:-))
CAUTION: This email message and any attachments contain information
that may be confidential and may be LEGALLY PRIVILEGED. If you are not
the intended recipient, any use, disclosure or copying of this message
or attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email
message in error please notify us immediately and erase all copies of
the message and attachments. Thank you.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the LC