[KI-LC] Draft minutes of 27 May 2009 Kantara LC meeting (thru x:30)

Eve Maler Eve.Maler at Sun.COM
Wed May 27 15:31:37 PDT 2009

Attending: Trent Adams, Britta Glade, Eve Maler, Bob Pinheiro, Conor
Cahill, John Frazier, Joni Brennan, Paul Madsen, Colin Wallis
Regrets: Iain Henderson

The group agreed to record the call.

> 1. Nomination of officers (Chair, V-Chair, Secretary)
>
> Regarding the officer nominations, here is the list I have received
> so far:
>
> Chair: J. Trent Adams
> Vice-Chair: Paul Madsen
> Secretary: Eve Maler

The motivation to deal with LC officer selection now is to have some
process in place to rationalize the process of liaison selection.  The
urgency around liaison selection is to preserve the eligibility of
those LC liaisons to serve as BoT officers (though such BoT officer
service is not automatic).

No additional nominations were made on the call.  The people nominated
indicated willingness to stand for those positions.  These positions
are for one year.

> 2. Consensus on or vote for officers

The group accepted the three nominations by unanimous consent.

> 3. Selection of BoT liaisons (2 + 2 alternates)

The group agreed that choosing a minimum of two liaisons who can
attend tomorrow's BoT is the first priority.  Conor and Colin
nominated themselves as liaisons.  The next BoT call is Thursday at
6pm Pacific time.

The group accepted the two nominations by unanimous consent.  They
will be added to the relevant email alias.

It was noted that the executive director, and we believe possibly one
other BoT member, may likewise be appointed by the BoT as LC members,
so we await news on that.

3a. (new agenda item) Consideration of any group charters being
presented for decision today.

Previously the group achieved consensus on the UDVPI WG, but its
charter was missing a destination SDO for technical specifications.
Iain has requested an amendment saying that the destination will be an
OASIS TC.

[Eve stopped here]

> 4. Closure on first meeting date/location
> 5. Closure on mailing list procedure
> 6. Discussion on Marketing as a WG
> 7. LC Calendar and Wiki announcements
> 8. AOB

> Regarding the officer nominations, here is the list I have received
> so far:
>
> Chair: J. Trent Adams
> Vice-Chair: Paul Madsen
> Secretary: Eve Maler
>
> Please share any other nominations you may have at this time or raise
> your hand if you'd like to postpone the officer elections in order to
> have more time for reflection.

Eve Maler                                          eve.maler @ sun.com
Emerging Technologies Director                    cell +1 425 345 6756
Sun Microsystems Identity Software                www.xmlgrrl.com/blog