[KI-LC] Proposed Topics for Meeting at DIDW

Gardiner, Matthew Matthew.Gardiner at ca.com
Fri Jul 31 13:29:29 PDT 2009

Bob et al

Given I was part of the 3rd paragraph, I thought I would respond to at
least that part....I wouldn't characterize the flow of $ as from the
"funders" to the "doers"......but that Kantara as an organization has
funds/budget some of which is dedicated to the main work product of the
organization which is significantly represented by the work of the
WG/DGs....While 2010 will be the first full budget cycle of Kantara the
intent is that the LC is a key requester of funds to the board of
trustees which is responsible for the entire budget....and as the
governing body of the WG/DGs the LC will be the key body that sorts out
priorities for $ in the budget request.  I personally believe that the
balanced use of volunteers and consultants has proven and will continue
to prove to be the most effective way to move work product forward.
Because as volunteers our priority is always to the organization whose
name in on our cheques.

We are just about to start the 2010 budget cycle for Kantara so how the
LC & BoTs works out working through this still needs to be sorted.

Cheers.

Matthew

Matthew Gardiner

Director, Product Marketing