[KI-LC] Draft minutes for 29 Jul 2009 LC call are up

Roger Martin roger.martin at corp.aol.com
Wed Jul 29 15:30:57 PDT 2009

I considered that, but I'm not sure that I agree.  Yes, the WGs that
successfully submit their charter by Aug 15th should continue to have a
vote on the LC after Aug 15th.  The LC is under an Operating Procedures
mandate to vote on it within 30 days (which conveniently works out to
Sept 14th).  If the Charter is approved then there is no issue.

I apparently forgot to include the last sentence of the Motion: /
A "Founding" WG whose Charter is successfully submitted by Aug 15, 2009
will remain an LC voting member until the LC votes to approve or reject
the Charter.

/If the Charter is approved, the WG is know longer a grandfathered
"Founding" WG, but a regular WG just like every other  LC approved WG.
If the Charter is rejected it loses its seat and vote on the LC the
moment the Charter is rejected.  It then must submit a new charter for
LC consideration just like any other new Group.

(I should have said "acquire a new seat on the LC" in my original comments.)

          ....rogerM