[KI-LC] Draft minutes for 29 Jul 2009 LC call are up

Eve Maler Eve.Maler at Sun.COM
Wed Jul 29 14:35:53 PDT 2009

I don't think this is quite correct.  Successful submission
("acceptance") is one condition, but successful approval by Sep 14 is
another.  If the LC approval vote fails during our mandated 30-day
window, the founding group still loses its special seat.  (It's not
clear whether it would be the "same" or a different group that later
submits a charter (using the same or different text!) that wins
approval, so I don't think "regaining" a seat should be an issue -- a
founding seat would simply be lost if the vote fails. Hopefully this
situation will remain theoretical, though. :-)

By the way, I really appreciate the efforts you've been putting (as a
lurker, no less!) into careful reading of the minutes and careful
observation of our practices, and I'll endeavor to capture motions
more formally in future.

	Eve