[KI-LC] Draft minutes for 29 Jul 2009 LC call are up

Roger Martin roger.martin at corp.aol.com
Wed Jul 29 12:01:05 PDT 2009

Eve,

With respect to the first motion (Aug 15th deadline for Founding WG
Charters).....

The minutes do not make clear when the WG becomes a non-voting member of
the LC if it fails to successfully submit its Charter by Aug 15th.  I
think the minutes should clarify that the WG becomes non-voting
effective 8/15/09 if it has not successfully submitted its charter.  If
that happens, then it must then go through the normal process of
creating a new WG (with Charter) in order to re-acquire a seat on the LC.

I think that the motion that was approved was the following (and since I
am not a member of the LC, this is just a friendly suggestion :-) ).

_Deadline for Submission of Founding Work Group Charters and Maintaining
LC Voting Status_*_

_The LC establishes August 15, 2009 as the deadline for successful
submission of "Founding"
WG Charters".  A "Founding" WG whose Charter has not been successfully
submitted by that
date will lose LC voting status until a new Charter has been submitted
and approved.

   ....roger (aka lurker)

Roger Martin, Director of Standards
     AOL