[KI-LC] Majority vote??

Kenji Takahashi takahashi.kenji at lab.ntt.co.jp
Fri Jul 17 03:25:31 PDT 2009

Sorry but I sent an unfinished message....  Here try it again.

Hi,

A question on Operating Procedure...

Item 3.3 describes the election of chairs, "A WG shall, at a minimum,
have a Chair and Vice-chair elected from the WG membership by a majority
vote of the WG Participants."

Here "majority vote" means that a candidate must get over 50% of votes
casted (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majority)?? In that case, if
there are several candidates and anyone can not get more than 50% of
votes, WGs must go on to the second vote (or further).

Or can I understand that this means simple "plurality vote" as described
in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plurality_voting_system??

I strongly recommend to adopt plurality vote for elections in KI
activities for simplicity.

Regards,

Kenji