[KI-LC] Cross-Group Participation

Colin Wallis Colin.Wallis at dia.govt.nz
Wed Dec 16 15:50:30 EST 2009

eGov potentially has use cases to give to ID-WSF, is supposedly working on a cross group common (life event type) use case that would raise gaps that multiple groups could potentially fulfil requirements from.  In the absence of eGov having got that off the ground, Info Sharing's use case is becoming the very useful default there. So I see no problems arising out of this kind of contribution.

Then we come to actually contributing something that will end up being published.  I know Bob particularly, was concerned that when it comes to publishing things together, we need to look at the specific set of IPR policies of the groups.  If they don't 'match' what do we do?

So two problems:

1) IPR - contributing real knowledge to the solution that is to be published
2) Copyright - we have the precedent of giving it to 'Kantara Communications' to publish, in essence under a RF/RAND approach if I recall correctly, gives us guidance

Adding Iain's response so we keep one thread..

Hi Brett, the Information Sharing WG would wish to continue to work with Eve and the UMA group to explore the clear synergies between the two.

Likewise we continue to tune into the P3 group and would expect the synergies there to develop over time.

Our experience to date would suggest that this works well enough without a formal process.

Hope that helps.

Iain