[KI-LC] 2010 Kantara Initiative Budget

Roger Martin Roger.Martin at corp.aol.com
Thu Dec 10 15:14:48 EST 2009

Kenji,

*"Programs"* are KI strategic initiatives that both provide services to
the community and generate revenue that is intended to offset the cost
of the programs.  They are operated by KI staff with Member oversight
from Board subcommittees such as the ARB and the IRB.

*"Projects"* are specific discretionary initiatives that the BoT funds
each year based on the proposals from the LC and BoT.  The number of
projects funded each year depends on both the relative priority of each
project and the available funds.  Projects are funded without an
expectation that the costs will be recovered (except in the case of the
RSA Preconference Workshop where we expect to offset up to 75% of the
costs through sponsor participation fees). For 2010, the BoT received
over $200K in project requests and was able to fund a total of $156K.

The breakdown of the approved Program and Project Budget expenses is as
follows:
> *Programs   *(Assurance Certification, Interop Testing and Privacy)
> 	 $230,400.00
>
> *Projects*
>    RSA Pre-conference workshop 	 $  70,000.00
>    Concordia workshop
> 	 $   1,000.00
>    UMA validator
> 	 $   4,000.00