[KI-LC] Community Banning Thoughts

Colin Wallis Colin.Wallis at dia.govt.nz
Mon Dec 7 16:08:53 EST 2009

I'm OK with this in principle but....

...to keep it transparent and the policy consistently applied over time, it will require a fair amount of process, even if it is behind the scenes and not apparent to most.

So a person or a selected sub set of persons has a chat with said offender..are there Minutes taken? agreements reached? is the record of the meeting publicly or non publicly available? Is there any further monitoring? What happens if the chat does not achieve its objectives and the offensive behaviour drives away otherwise 'good' folk?

As I say..lots of process that we will still need, regardless of the simplicity of the approach at the front end.