[KI-LC] Updates on PR activities in Japan

Kenji Takahashi takahashi.kenji at lab.ntt.co.jp
Mon Aug 31 03:04:32 PDT 2009

Dear colleagues,

I would like to share with you updates on our activities in Japan at the
launch of KI (sorry it take a while to report..) Japan WG members have
been working hard in raising the awareness of KI in the Japanese market,
through a press round table, journalist interviews, and workshop. They
results in many articles on both printed and on-line media, and blogs,
which in turn leads to several invitations to our members for talks on
KI activities. I would like to thank all the members who planned events,
solicited attendees, managed registration, offered & set up venues, and
gave talks - each of which required non-trivial efforts.

The followings are part of what we have done since the launch of KI.

- Press round table (23rd June, 2009 at NTT Software)
* 20 journalists attended
* major news sites have carried articles.

- Kantara Initiative Inaugural Seminar (14th July, 2009 @ Oracle Japan HQ)
* 90 attended (out of 114 registrations)

- Press interviews
*Nikkei Network
* by-weekly enterprise magazine issued by the publishing subsidiary of
the largest economic paper (Nikkei Shimbun) in Japan
* a two-pages column in a printed magazine and two articles on its
online version.
* Weekly BCN
* an article on printed media

Regards,