[KI-LC] Code of Conduct--input sought

John Fraser john.fraser at mednetworld.com
Thu Aug 6 06:37:10 PDT 2009

Britta,

I was listening on the news this morning about a concerted national effort to disrupt town hall meetings in August by one of the major parties against the other.  Memos are being sent out asking people to sit in the front row, shout, interrupt and otherwise be obnoxious in these public forums.  This is the type of behavior we should strive to avoid, and instead foster a more open, collaborative environment.  Ubuntu has some good concepts, such as:

Be considerate
Be respectful
Be collaborative
When you disagree, consult others first
When you are unsure, ask for help
Step down considerately, so as not to disrupt a project

More details at: http://www.ubuntu.com/community/conduct

I think this could be a place to start and I applaud your efforts.

John Fraser