[KI-LC] Code of Conduct--input sought

Britta Glade britta at kantarainitiative.org
Wed Aug 5 18:20:38 PDT 2009

All--
In discussions with the officers, there was the suggestion that a Code of
Conduct for Kantara Initiative would be good to have in place.  Something
that is clear, succinct, and can be used by chairs to bring folks into line
and remind us all of our mutual values. This doesn't need to be a separate
policy, but I think something like it would be good to include in our work
and on our site.  Key values that were discussed were:

* Mutual Respect
* Professional Interaction
* Integrity

With this, a suggested starting point is the following:

At Kanatara Initiative, we expect all interactions amongst Participants to
be "professional", respecting the rights and dignities of others. Each of us
has an obligation to strive to maintain the highest levels of integrity, for
ourselves and for the organization. By diligently respecting our individual
and collective rights, we foster an environment for open, honest, and
transparent collaboration.

Feedback and thoughts?  Thanks.

--b.

--
Britta Glade Kantara Initiative 925-254-4233