[DG-IDoT] Common identity standard

Ranjan Jain (ranjain) ranjain at cisco.com
Thu Jul 16 13:38:51 CDT 2015

Hey y¹all,
Hope everyone is doing well. Just wanted to bounce a question which I¹m
consistently getting asked around Identity, IoT perspective. Is there any
industry standard in place or in works which can be used as a common
standard across multiple identities. What I mean by this is that humans have
SSN as an identity while a thermostat may have serial number while a network
device may have a Mac ID as their identity. So, while individually they all
have their own identity standard, when in the IoT world, all these entities
start interacting with each other, how do we translate one identity into
another or how will one identity interact with another identity in a
standards way?

Thanks
Ranjan

Ranjan Jain
ARCHITECT.IT
Information Technology
ranjain at cisco.com
Phone: +1 408 853 4396
Mobile: +1 408 627 9538
Cisco Systems, Inc.
400 East Tasman Drive
San Jose
California
95134
United States
Cisco.com <http://www.cisco.com/>
 Think before you print.
This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use
of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by
others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or
authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply
email and delete all copies of this message.