[DG-IDoT] FW: Identity of Things DG & IBM concepts

Ingo.Friese at telekom.de Ingo.Friese at telekom.de
Fri Oct 10 04:26:54 CDT 2014

Dear All,

I promised last time to send around IBM whitepaper and links about IoT.  Sorry for the delay ☹

I like the paper because it shows also some critical points like broken business model, lack of functional value, privacy etc.
Other interesting points are:

-          They foresee p2p infrastructure as a predominant topology (like we talked about nodes and super – nodes in our last call)

-          They describe quite good a trust-concept I mentioned last time  in our call  block chains

-          And also very interesting is the idea of trustless-p2p messaging

Ingo

The 2015 IBV Study on Internet of Things - Device Democracy:

http://ibm.biz/DeviceDemocracy

(This takes you to the landing page, the link to the full paper is on the right hand side of the page)

Some of the Related Press Coverage:

http://gigaom.com/2014/09/09/check-out-ibms-proposal-for-an-internet-of-things-architecture-using-bitcoins-block-chain-tech/

http://venturebeat.com/2014/08/24/the-internet-of-things-will-cost-companies-more-than-theyre-ready-for/

http://qz.com/269812/five-ways-the-internet-of-things-is-already-broken-and-how-to-fix-it/

Kind regards
Ingo Friese

Deutsche Telekom AG

T-Labs (Research & Innovation)
Dipl.-Ing. Ingo Friese
Winterfeldtstr. 21, 10781 Berlin
+4930835358148 (Phone)

+49391580216849 (Fax)

E-Mail: ingo.friese at telekom.de<mailto:ingo.friese at telekom.de>

www.telekom.com<http://www.telekom.com/>

Life is for sharing.

DEUTSCHE TELEKOM AG
Supervisory Board: Prof. Dr. Ulrich Lehner (Chairman)
Board of Management: Timotheus Höttges (Chairman),
Reinhard Clemens, Niek Jan van Damme, Thomas Dannenfeldt,

Dr. Thomas Kremer, Claudia Nemat
Commercial register: Amtsgericht Bonn HRB 6794
Registered office: Bonn

Big changes start small – conserve resources by not printing every e-mail.