[DG-IDoT] New Work Item proposal from CN on IoT

j stollman stollman.j at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 11:31:40 CDT 2014

Colin,

Thank you for forwarding this document.

To my mind, the proposed model is far too complex and seeks to combine
logical, physical and market models that are better segregated into
separate layers.

In the proposed ISO model, the domain "IoT Systems" appears to be a
superset of components such as "Sensors" and "Things'Objects".  How can the
system and its components be equal domains in an architecture?  Similarly,
"Markets" appears to be a superset of components "Service Providers" and
"Customers."

I believe that the proposed model is ill-conceived and lacks much input
from diverse sources.

I think that the model that our DG has been working on is more likely to
provide a useful reference architecture -- though we have focused primarily
on the logical layer.

If ISO does go forward with this proposal, how do we keep them from
accepting this mish-mash?

Jeff

Jeff Stollman
stollman.j at gmail.com
1 202.683.8699

Truth never triumphs -- its opponents just die out.
Science advances one funeral at a time.
                                    Max Planck