[DG-IDoT] Terminology discussion

Salvatore D'Agostino sal at idmachines.com
Fri Feb 7 09:08:24 CST 2014

From: Salvatore D'Agostino [mailto:sal at idmachines.com]
Sent: Friday, February 07, 2014 9:45 AM
To: 'j stollman'; 'Andrew Hughes'
Cc: 'dg-idot at kantarainitiative.org'
Subject: RE: [DG-IDoT] Terminology discussion

Jeff,

These are a limited number of examples, I picked EU, vendor (Matrikon
(Honeywell) and Siemens ) and the IEC on purpose so as not to require a lot
of viewing and getting some cross sections to the list from time to time.  I
am sympathetic  to the big link dump, unfun as you point out, sorry if this
came across that way.

Andrew, please pass on the protégé link when it makes sense, there is also
an attribute description there from Keith Hazelton there.

Ingo to your point about sensor, actuator, gateway. There are a few
different ways this gets implemented depending on the intelligence in the
sensor or gateway  Here are some GE, Cisco and Qualcomm pictures that look
at this a higher and lower views (GE and Cisco up a level, Qualcomm showing
the circuit board to support this – I attached the related cut sheet <-
talked about this with Paul M on the list). Figured we might discuss this
today.  Regards Sal

cid:image005.png at 01CF21BA.2A205770