[DG-IDoT] Notes from Friday call - ERM

Frank.Mildner at telekom.de Frank.Mildner at telekom.de
Tue Aug 12 10:41:24 CDT 2014

Hi Scott,

Last Friday you introduced some ideas regarding Entity Relationship Modelling the Identities of Things.

Thank you very much – for your presentation. Ingo and me have the  ERM issue in our mind for a long time.

I think your ERM is a good starting point – as you show at slide 3 and 6

[cid:image002.png at 01CFB654.A340BA30]
A missing key indicator in the IoT ID landscape is the information in rhomb !

In an IoT example: a sensor – belongs, is owned, scales, ……- something

I think we need rather filled/stuffed/intelligent links between objects,  instead of poor SQL links .

I would like to start a discussion in our group  about  mechanism whereby  we can find an object based on the relationship. (rhomb in slide6)

Have a nice day – see you

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Viele Grüße / Best Regards
Frank Mildner

DEUTSCHE TELEKOM AG
T-Labs (Research & Innovation)
Dipl.-Ing. Frank Mildner
Deutsche-Telekom-Allee 7, 64295 Darmstadt
+4961515834747 (Tel.)
+496151899838 (Fax)
E-Mail: frank.mildner at telekom.de
www.telekom.com<http://www.telekom.com/>

Erleben, was verbindet.

DEUTSCHE TELEKOM AG
Aufsichtsrat: Prof. Dr. Ulrich Lehner (Vorsitzender)
Vorstand: Timotheus Höttges (Vorsitzender),
Reinhard Clemens, Niek Jan van Damme, Thomas Dannenfeldt,
Dr. Thomas Kremer, Claudia Nemat
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn HRB 6794
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Bonn

Grosse Veränderungen fangen klein an – Ressourcen schonen und nicht jede E-Mail drucken.