[DG-IDoT] Biweekly IDoT conf call

j stollman stollman.j at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 05:05:59 CDT 2013

The plethora of solutions described on the site Paul sent reminds me that
we already have a problem with IoT interactions.  Hospitals ban many
wireless devices for fear that they will interact with life-support systems
and cause them to fail. Airlines have banned cell phone use for fear of its
interaction with navigation equipment.  Because much of IoT is focused on
wireless communication, the possibility of inadvertent device interaction
is already a serious one.  While we can argue that "standards will fix
that," standards take a long time to develop.  Solutions that address the
proliferation of wireless communication and segregate the desired signals
from the inadvertent noise seem worth investigating.

Jeff

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 1:31 PM, Paul Madsen <pmadsen at pingidentity.com>wrote:

>  a grab bag of applications from which use cases might be detailed
>
> http://postscapes.com/internet-of-things-examples/
>
> On 9/4/13 8:10 AM, Ingo.Friese at telekom.de wrote:
>
>  Dear all,
>
> I’d  like to invite you to our biweekly IDoT call.
> Date and Time
>
>    - Date: Tuesday
>    - Time: 09:00 PT | 12:00 ET | 18:00 CEST
>
> *
>
> Dial-in Details
> Skype: +99051000000481
> US Dial-In: +1-805-309-2350
> Alternate Toll +1 (714) 551-9842
> International Numbers: *http://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/x/KYC_/*<http://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/x/KYC_/>
>
> Conference ID: 613-2898
> The following commands may be used participants during the conference
> call:+
> *0 Plays menu of Keypad Commands
> *3 Promote to Host (if non-host)
> *5 Raise your hand
> *6 Mute yourself (toggle on/off)
> *# Private roll call of participants
> **\** Mute music-on-hold (toggle on/off)
>
> TurboPhone (beta): *https://www.turbobridge.com/join.html*<https://www.turbobridge.com/join.html>
> Works with Internet Explorer on Windows only
> SIP Access (using IP phone or soft phone)
> *sip:bridge at turbobridge.com*
> SIP URL details: *https://www.turbobridge.com/help/Index.html?context=180*<https://www.turbobridge.com/help/Index.html?context=180>

Jeff Stollman
stollman.j at gmail.com
1 202.683.8699

Truth never triumphs — its opponents just die out.
Science advances one funeral at a time.
                                    Max Planck