[DG-IDoT] IDoT document "Concepts of identity in the interent of things

Scott Shorter sshorter at electrosoft-inc.com
Wed Dec 11 08:57:39 CST 2013

Hi all,

I've been lurking on this list for a bit, not sure if I've remembered to
introduce myself.  Very interested in this topic.

Good doc, Ingo. The section on object identifiers makes me think of a
standard the SCAP suite called Asset
Identification<http://scap.nist.gov/specifications/ai/>.
The specification is NISTIR
7693<http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/nistir/ir7693/NISTIR-7693.pdf>
and
it has some good discussion of identifiers. The data model includes literal
identifiers (e.g. MAC address), synthetic identifiers (assigned names and
numbers) and relationship identifiers of various sorts, including device
relationships like "Host X is part of System Y", "Host X is on Network Z",
as well as human relationships such as who owns or administers the asset.

Regards,
Scott

On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 4:49 AM, <Ingo.Friese at telekom.de> wrote:

> Dear All,
>

> I hope you all are doing well and having a nice holiday season. As
> discussed in our conf-call last week, I uploaded a “very-very early draft
> of our concept paper „Concepts of identity in the Internet oft Things”.
>
> We’d like to develop this paper step by step to a use-full document
> helping users, architects, engineers, managers and decision makers to
> understand identity in the context of the IoT.
>
> I’d like to encourage you to have a look at the paper. Add your comments
> or take care of a topic that you are interested in. None of the current
> paragraphs is ready. It is rather more a small TOC.
>
> It is currently more or less 1 page, but I’m sure it will grow with your
> help.
>
> If you have ideas, suggestions, questions please let me know.
>

> https://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/download/attachments/67010606/Concepts%20of%20Identity%20within%20the%20Internet%20of%20Things_V.001.docx?api=v2
>

> Thank you in advance!
>

> Best regards,
>
> Ingo

Scott Shorter, Principal Security Engineer, Electrosoft Services Inc.
sshorter at electrosoft-inc.com O: 703-437-9451 x21 M: 240-994-7793