[DG-BSC] Notes from BSC telecon Thursday, January 19

Eve Maler eve.maler at forgerock.com
Thu Jan 19 17:48:48 CST 2017

http://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/display/BSC/2017-01+%28January+2017%29+Meetings#id-2017-01(January2017)Meetings-Thursday,January19

Agenda:

   - Report
   <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HOVJ3lKqOIjwCqPt5jFxfLr7wEoJ0ZVNbMGsdsWzCKQ/edit?usp=sharing>
    work

Attending: Eve, Devon, JohnW, Adrian, Colin L.

We discussed the CommonAccord section in the report. John created a diagram
(file name "BSC DG Decision-Making Power 2017-01-19.png" on Eve's computer)
to describe the opportunity to even things up. Eve suggests creating an
Observations section talking about contractual mechanisms and tensions
around them, with the diagram as a centerpiece; it would pull in a lot of
mentions of the tech/techs. Some Recommendations that may fall out could do
with strengthening the connection between legal and smart contracts in a
formal way.

We discussed the Legal Contracts section. We debated the order of tech/tech
sections; it would be nice to have Smart Contracts and Legal Contracts very
near each other. The notion of "fully executed legal contracts" brings them
together conceptually.

*Next Tuesday:* Look at Manu's answers on Verifiable Claims, and look at
Eve's putative new sections, and look at the User-Submitted Terms section
from JohnW.

(*NOTE:* Eve can't make next *Thursday's* call because she'll be doing a Data
Privacy Day event in SF
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/live-from-twitter-hq-data-privacy-day-event-2017-tickets-29999132212>,
and hopes Thomas can run it.)

*Eve Maler*ForgeRock Office of the CTO | VP Innovation & Emerging Technology