[DG-BSC] Notes from BSC telecon Tuesday, January 3

Eve Maler eve.maler at forgerock.com
Tue Jan 3 13:11:17 CST 2017

Completing my action item, here's the questionnaire information previously
provided in a list email. Note that we're now combining case studies and
use cases.

====

For *case studies*, we said we'd use a questionnaire approach something
like this:

   - Deficits and benefits of how the problem space was/is being solved
   - Proposed benefits of the new solution space – crystalize this (e.g.,
   fraud, not "user empowerment"?)
   - Different approaches being taken (e.g., whitelist? blacklist? other?)
   in the new solution space
   - Strengths, weaknesses, risks, and open issues being seen in practice
   - Cross-references to the appropriate other technology, case study, and
   use case sections
   - Since our Report process is time-boxed, go into only as much depth as
   you can in a short period of time

For *use cases*, we already have a template
<http://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/display/BSC/Use+Case+Template> in
use; I feel it may benefit from *enhancement* with points from the above.

For *technology/technique sections*, we said we'd like to see this
information:

   - A definition
   - A short discussion of strengths and weakness of the current way of
   doing things
   - A short comparative discussion of strengths and weakness of the new
   way of doing things (if the technology/technique is "new")
   - Pointers to the other technology and technique sections as appropriate
   (so that we have cross-references among the sections)

*Eve Maler*ForgeRock Office of the CTO | VP Innovation & Emerging Technology