[DG-BSC] Draft template to use for case study participants

Eve Maler eve.maler at forgerock.com
Tue Oct 11 10:44:13 CDT 2016

I just sent this to Phil W. for Sovrin. Here is a generic version for
others assigned to case studies to use, if they like...

====

Hi [*name*]-- Thanks for being willing to help the Blockchain and Smart
Contracts group understand what [*name of group/effort/company*] is doing
in the context of our analysis efforts!

If you look at the first paragraph of our draft report's introduction
<http://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/display/BSC/Report+from+the+Blockchain+and+Smart+Contracts+Discussion+Group#ReportfromtheBlockchainandSmartContractsDiscussionGroup-Introduction>,
you'll see a statement of our scope:

   - Solving use cases for *empowering traditionally disempowered
parties* (such
   as individuals)
   - taking part in *transactions* (such as entering into contracts and
   information-sharing agreements)
   - with *parties that traditionally hold greater power* (such as
   companies and large countries)
   - in the context of *decentralization technologies and techniques* (such
   as blockchain and smart contracts)
   - and their mixture with *identity* (both in the course of conducting
   business/legal transactions and to solve digital identity use cases).

Our Discussion Group is time-boxed to six months, and so we plan to go into
only as much depth as can be covered in this time frame. (We started in
July!)

With all of this in mind, could you please comment on the following aspects
of [*name of group/effort/company*]?

   - Deficits and benefits of how the problem space was/is being solved
   - Proposed benefits of the new solution space
   - Different approaches being taken in the new solution space, e.g. if
   other approaches are being taken outside of [*name of
   group/effort/company*]
   - Strengths, weaknesses, risks, and open issues being seen in practice
   - Whether other technologies and techniques are being brought to bear
   (you can see a list of technologies and techniques we are analyzing in our
   report
   <http://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/display/BSC/Report+from+the+Blockchain+and+Smart+Contracts+Discussion+Group>
    TOC)

Many thanks! If you have any questions, or would like to discuss responses
in a phone call, don't hesitate to let me know.

====

*Eve Maler*ForgeRock Office of the CTO | VP Innovation & Emerging Technology
*ForgeRock Summits* are coming to <http://summits.forgerock.com/> *London
and Paris!*