[DG-BSC] Agenda for BSC telecon Tuesday, August 30 (shortly -- sorry for the late note!)

James Hazard james.g.hazard at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 11:50:08 CDT 2016

I concur with Scott.  We should define a set of tools that will allow folks
to make their own decisions, control their own data, run their own
organizations, make their own rules.  This applies to individuals,
communities, companies, governments and countries.

"Smart contracts"  (open source code linked with open source prose) make a
lot of this possible.

The things to be decided or promoted seem to me to be formats - what are
the components of a smart contract?  How can people collaborate to make
their own solutions and access those offered by others?  How does this fit
with confidentiality and data security?  With institutions?  What dangers
loom?

Use-cases are useful to explore a space and as a check-sum.  They have the
advantage of requiring you to walk through all the steps.  They have the
disadvantage of distracting you with the specifics of the context.  The
"civil law" vs "common law" reflect this - with common law being an
accumulation of use-cases serving (masquerading) as a system.

Getting analytical clarity on "smart contracts" seems a useful direction.

@commonaccord