[DG-BSC] FYI

Andrew Hughes andrewhughes3000 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 10:15:25 CDT 2016

John W. - that is one very good candidate - it would, of course, need more
detail at this stage to spur the need for a WG.

One way to view a WG is through questions like:
- Which technical or policy audience needs a consensus standard, guidance
or tool?
- Is there a state of practice or new regulation/legislation that is ready
for compliance and conformance development and even certification?
- Is there a consensus position or opinion that needs to be articulated in
order to rally the industry and inform a specific audience?
- Is there a group of related activities or initiatives that would benefit
from an umbrella document to knit the parts together and bring cohesion to
the disparate work?

The mission of a WG is to create useful artifacts for a well-scoped,
well-defined audience through consensus-based collaboration. This mission
is easy to execute when participants with a strong interest in the
outcome/output are engaged (otherwise WGs drift).

andrew.

*Andrew Hughes *CISM CISSP
Independent Consultant

o  +1 650.209.7542