[DG-BSC] FYI

John Wunderlich john at wunderlich.ca
Mon Aug 29 10:03:01 CDT 2016

Colin;

Given the constraints/opportunities it occurs to me that the DG report
should seek to articulate the Terms of Reference for a Kantara WG whose
goal would be to define and work to create a Proof Of Concent instantiation
of a Blockchain and/or SmartContract ecosystem that will move the user
centred identity concept closer to fruition, if that makes sense?

Sincerely,
John Wunderlich
@PrivacyCDN

Call: +1 (647) 669-4749
eMail: john at wunderlich.ca

On 29 August 2016 at 10:34, Colin Wallis <colin_wallis at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks John M, John W, James, Patrick et al
>
> I think we are all in agreement we could do with more input from the
> broader BC and SC communities.
> And of course that is most welcomed, moreso if they bring their own
> communities with them and join Kantara which helps pay for the platform on
> which the DG rests:-).
>
> I'm also sensitive to the LC Chair Andrew's motivation to bring DG
> discussions to a conclusion at frequent intervals (typically 6 months) in
> order to get onto the work of addressing the issues that the DG use cases
> and deliberations raise.
>
> These two things are not mutually exclusive. We can have a WG working on
> solutions arising from a DG output, while at the same time having a DG
> continue to draw in more use cases and discussion. The Charters need to be
> directed and focussed accordingly and the timelines clear.
>
> John W's estimates are about right. We started this DG in May, so we need
> to have it concluded November latest. Take off a month of writing and there
> is 2 months left.
>
> It is really tempting to slip the timeline to allow more discussion in a
> DG, as a preface to WG work.
> But past experience has shown us that that often comes at the expense of
> focussing the resulting WG on nailing the solutions to the problems raised,
> to a logical formal end deliverable in a community-valuable timeframe.
> There is so much to do in this space.
> Biting it off in a continual process of digestible chunks is absolutely OK.
>
> Cheers
> Colin

prohibited.