[DG-BSC] FYI

James Hazard james.g.hazard at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 07:26:51 CDT 2016

Hi Colin,

I think it might be helpful to have wider representation of the blockchain
community on the thread.  I mention the DG-BSC when I am in conversation
with them.

On deliverables, I think we have spent good time well on discussing what
blockchains and smart contracts are and aren't, and could do more on how
they fit into a broader picture of automation, institutions, privacy and
security.  (Elements of the blockchain community, IMHO, sometimes think
they don't need to think about institutions, since ridding the world of
institutions is the goal of decentralization.)

I suggest that we could:

Describe a general "smart contract" paradigm on the lines of:

i)   events - (Barclay's and R3's "parameters")
ii)  text objects ("prose," actors, things, places, etc.)
iii) Smart Contract Description Language
iv) code

We could describe the relationship between this "smart contract" record of
relationships and transactions, on the one hand, and various databases on
the other.

We could describe some uses cases where blockchain databases were useful.

This would not exclude developing use-case verticals.  The consent to use
of genetic information use case seems potent.

@commonaccord